A successful sales manager’s job is to provide clear direction and support to the sales team that will enable them to excel and to reach their full potential. After completing this course, participants will understand the responsibilities of a successful sales manager and how it differs from those of a salesperson. Participants will explore key leadership skills that will help motivate their sales team to excellence and learn specialized skills such as forecasting, planning, and monitoring.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a sales manager.
- Use sales plans and targeting techniques to achieve better results from sales team members.
- Prepare a sales forecast and a sales plan.
- Using assessment tools, properly observe, evaluate, and set performance development objectives to team members.
- Create an environment that motivates the sales team to perform at their best.
- Run more effective sales meetings and morning huddles to inspire, motivate and provide clear direction to sales team members.
- Roles and responsibilities of a sales manager
- Key accountabilities
- Environmental and organizational analysis
- Sales Forecasting
- What is forecasting?
- Qualitative vs. quantitative methods
- Time series
- Moving averages
- Steps to create a sales forecast
- Sales Planning
- Drawing up a sales plan
- Sales planning best practices
- Sales performance management
- Setting sales objectives
- 3 Step sales performance control plan
- Guidelines for sales person performance evaluations
- Handling the underperforming team member
- Motivating your sales team
- Creating a motivating environment for team
- Ways to motivate sales staff
- Running effective sales meetings
- Characteristics of a successful meeting
- Running a successful sales meeting
Post Training Quiz and Completion of Action Plan.
2 full days (14 hours)
Vietnamese: $1200 to $1600 per group
English: $1800 to $2400 per group
From our experiences in working with SPECTRA in developing our human resources capabilities, we have been satisfied with the trainers’ professionalism and skills, the quality of the training materials and administrative support that SPECTRA provides.
Pham Tri Tuyet
HR Supervisor Canon Vietnam
We are very pleased with the quality of the training. The content of the training program was well-developed and highly relevant to our managers. The entire program was effectively delivered through engaging, fun and meaningful training methods that enhanced participants’ skills and knowledge.
Vice President - Aquaculture Business, CP Group
Throughout the years of experience in cooperating with SPECTRA, in developing our people, SPECTRA has proven to be a reliable training partner. Trainers of SPECTRA are knowledgeable and experienced. Furthermore, we have also been satisfied with the quality of training need analysis, customized training materials, administrative support and post-training evaluations that they have provided us with
Executive General Manager - Isuzu Vietnam
The training class was fun and meaningful and has enriched all the participants with more knowledge
Richard KH Chua
Chief Executive Officer - Ben Thanh Management Services Co Ltd