On-the-job training, also known as OJT, is a hands-on method of teaching the skills, knowledge, and competencies needed for employees to perform a specific job within the workplace.
In this course, you will learn how to conduct new employee orientation, plan and conduct an effective job-specific training program to quickly bring new employees on board, so that they can perform their jobs competently and productively.
- Able to orient new employees quickly and successfully
- Know how to plan and conduct effective job-specific training
- Create a positive view of the organization
- Able to bring new employees up to the desired competency level
- Know how to maintain the enthusiasm of new employees and able to retain them for longer period of time.
- Introduction to OJT and orientation
- Importance of proper OJT and orientation program
- Hiring for attitude and training on skills
- New employee orientation
- Planning the orientation program
- The key considerations of a successful orientation program
- Orientation for permanent employees
- Orientation for part-time employees
- Preparing for training
- Breaking down the job into processes and tasks
- Establishing the KPIs
- Assembling the necessary resources
- Training employees with Tell and Show and Do approach
- Understanding the learning cycle
- Telling the learner about the process
- Showing the learner how to do a specific task
- Having the learner do the task
- Providing feedback
- Providing ongoing growth opportunities
- Helping employees learn from mistakes
- Building competency and maintaining motivation
Post Training Quiz and Completion of Action Plan.
1 full day (7 hours)
Vietnamese: $700 to $900 per group
English: $1000 to $1200 per group
From our experiences in working with SPECTRA in developing our human resources capabilities, we have been satisfied with the trainers’ professionalism and skills, the quality of the training materials and administrative support that SPECTRA provides.
Pham Tri Tuyet
HR Supervisor Canon Vietnam
We are very pleased with the quality of the training. The content of the training program was well-developed and highly relevant to our managers. The entire program was effectively delivered through engaging, fun and meaningful training methods that enhanced participants’ skills and knowledge.
Vice President - Aquaculture Business, CP Group
Throughout the years of experience in cooperating with SPECTRA, in developing our people, SPECTRA has proven to be a reliable training partner. Trainers of SPECTRA are knowledgeable and experienced. Furthermore, we have also been satisfied with the quality of training need analysis, customized training materials, administrative support and post-training evaluations that they have provided us with
Executive General Manager - Isuzu Vietnam
The training class was fun and meaningful and has enriched all the participants with more knowledge
Richard KH Chua
Chief Executive Officer - Ben Thanh Management Services Co Ltd